Skat Foundation St. Leonhard-Strasse 45 CH-9000 St. Gallen Switzerland Phone: +41 71 227 07 99 E-mail: email@example.com
What are cookies and how we use them
In most cases, these are so-called ‘session cookies’ (i.e., strictly necessary cookies), which are deleted once you leave our website. To an extent, however, these cookies pass along information used to automatically recognise you. Recognition occurs through an IP address saved to the cookies. The information thereby obtained is used to improve our services and to expedite your access to the website.
Below we describe what information our cookies gather and how we use it. We also share how you can prevent these cookies from being stored. You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functionalities of our website.
The information collected by the cookies on the hands4health website is not shared with any third parties.
The cookies we set
- Email newsletter related cookies: This website offers a newsletter subscription service. Cookies may be used to remember if you have already registered and whether to show certain notifications that may only apply to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies: When you submit data through our ‘Contact us’ or ‘Newsletter Sign Up’ forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
We use Google Analytics to better understand how you use the hands4healh website and to identify ways in which we can improve your experience. Google Analytics collects mainly first-party cookies, i.e., data related to the device/browser, IP address and on-site activities to measure and report statistics about user interactions on the hands4health website. These data are retained for 2 months, before they are automatically deleted from the Google Analytics servers. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, please visit the official Data privacy and security page of Google Analytics.
You can disable cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser accordingly (access your browser’s ‘Help’ section for more tips on how to set this up). Please be aware that certain features of the hands4health website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. Youtube or Vimeo videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor had visited the other website.
Information we collect
The following personal data is collected and processed by us:
- Data generated by your access of the website (‘server log files’), e.g., IP address, user name, data on your visits and actions on our website, browser and operating system used, time and location of access, link from which you accessed the website and the quantity of data sent.
- Details of your personal identity (if you have informed us about these via contact or newsletter sign up forms, for example), e.g., first and last name, e-mail address and organisation.
- Other information comparable with these data categories.
On our website, we offer you the opportunity to contact us by using a contact form. Through this form, we may receive additional information from you, such as the contents of the message you send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. In such events, information provided by the user is stored for the purpose of facilitating communications with this person. No data are transferred to third parties, nor is any of this information matched to any information that may be collected by other components of our website.
What rights you have over your data
We would like to ensure that you are fully aware of your data protection rights. According to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), every user is entitled to:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. Please be aware that the deletion of data does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.