Tdh – Terre des hommes
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Founded in 1960, Tdh is committed to bringing meaningful and lasting change to children and youth.
In 2020, Tdh provided assistance to 4.8 million children and members of their communities in 35 countries through its WASH, health, protection and emergency relief programmes. Tdh is active in Europe, Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
Terre des hommes has initiated or been involved in multiple innovation projects in the WASH & health sectors. Terre des hommes, Gravit’eau and FHNW have been evaluating and scaling up the handwashing systems recycling water, and developing assessment and monitoring techniques for WASH in institutions, including schools, health care facilities, and detention centres.
Role in the hands4health project
Coordination and evaluation of the innovations, local market assessment, setting up of the local supply chain and logistics, data collection, user-centered design, behaviour change implementation and evaluation. Co-development of the scale up and diffusion strategies, capacity development and stakeholder engagement. Tdh has the lead in Nigeria, Mali and Burkina Faso.
- WP 1 – Coordination and internal learning (lead: FHNW, co-lead: Tdh)
- WP 3 – User-centered design for local context (lead: Cesvi, co-lead Tdh)
- WP 5 – Holistic approach to implementation (lead: FHNW, co-lead: University of Maiduguri)
- WP 6 – Impact evaluation (lead: Swiss TPH, co-lead: PPU)
- WP 7 – Open-source data sharing platform and capacity development (lead: Skat Foundation, co-lead: FHNW)
- WP 8 – Adoption at scale (lead: Tdh)
More information about Tdh’s expertise and work portfolio can be found directly on their website.